Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Mystery Unfolding

Tonight, the supervisor at one of my volunteer jobs asked me if I had ever considered writing a book. She said she thought I seemed like someone who had a lot of stories to tell. This was particularly striking because, prior to this evening, in the eight months I have known her, I don't recall ever having much of a conversation with her beyond what my assignment was for whatever shift I was working. I'm not sure how I've made this impression on her.

I shared with her that I have been drawn to writing for as long as I can remember, but that it was something I have rarely allowed myself to do--outside of a few brief periods of freelancing frenzy and a short-lived blogging obsession--because I don't seem to have the courage.

But the Universe has my attention now. I'm willing to show up...and to see what happens next.