Monday, November 4, 2013

The Call

 

And so I return, once again, with the intention of pursuing my desire to put my thoughts, ideas and experiences into some sort of story form. My love/hate relationship with this medium of expression remains a mystery to me. But I cannot deny that my desire to string words together in some sort of meaningful way will not go away. No matter how far or how hard I try to push it.

Today I think it's fear that keeps me away. Fear of judgment (mine and yours), fear of losing track of what I "should" otherwise be doing, fear of not having enough time, fear of not being "as good as...", fear of making a commitment that I might not be able to keep...

Today a check came in the  mail for $4.18 for advertising revenues from a blog I deleted five years ago. I'm taking it as a sign that this is where I belong.

I hope this is me coming home.