Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wednesday Check-in

Since we've both decided that counting Weight Watchers POINTS sucks for all eternity, Jen and I check in every Wednesday to help hold each other accountable for reversing the effects of what Jen has come to call The Expansion Project.

I've decided to start posting my check-ins so I have a record for myself of what has worked and what hasn't. I came across an old journal page of mine several weeks ago that made it clear to me that I do not have good recollection in this respect. I thought I was Doing So Well at this time last year and was beating myself up for Falling Off the Wagon at one particular point, but in reading this particular entry, I came to the amazing realization that I had been struggling at that time too. Only that time I had been able to right myself. I wish I had documented that so I knew how I did it back then.

This week I am down 1 pound.

As I look back over the past month or so I realize that I have pretty much just been maintaining--losing and gaining the same pound. Good in the sense that I haven't continued to gain back the weight I lost in '06-'07, but not the direction I want to be headed either.

I have spent the last several weeks rebuilding the solid foundation of habits that I had when I was successful in losing my initial 60, so even though I've just been maintaining, I feel so good about getting myself back to a stable position.

FLYLady has been key to my success, as has finding, through FLYLady, a fitness program that I LOVE and can see myself sticking to long-term. My house looks great, the kids and I are dressed, fed, and ready to go by 7:00 a.m., because I have been getting up at 5:20 a.m. to get a shower and breakfast BY MYSELF, which has been HUGE for me. We are also getting in our regular long walks with the dog.

I still have a long way to go, but I'm feeling really strong in the changes I've made in the past few weeks.

The current working list of habits that I'm strengthening is this:

Every Day

Weigh
Read morning prayer
3 daily pages + Gratitude Journal
Use my FLYLady Control Journal
Follow my Momentum Work-Out plan
Do Kelly's Missions
Do Weekly Pamper Mission
Yoga
No pop
No chocolate

This week I am going to add the habit of No Frosting, because I've been bingeing on frosted stuff every day this past week, and I feel like that's something I'm ready to give up this week. It doesn't feel scary to me, even though we have a birthday party to attend on Saturday.

What does feel a little scary to me is saying I will not go to Target for one week*--but I'm going to commit to it. We've been going almost every day which is bad for a whole lot of reasons.

Congrats to Jen on her loss this week!


*Snacks is lying on the floor right now having a fit about this already.