Thursday, August 14, 2008

Wednesday Check-In

I am up a couple of pounds this week.

I'm almost 2 days sugar-free again. It took every ounce of strength I had to keep from driving straight from class tonight to the grocery store to buy cake and a pint of B & J's to eat in the car.

I've been on a sugar binge since Thursday of last week. I remember the exact moment that I made the conscious decision to "fall off the wagon" again. I've been trying to convince myself that I can make "it" work if the only sugar I eat is in the blondies and cookies from Great Harvest (since, after all, they're kind of "healthy"...), but I've been fooling myself, I know, because it can never be limited to "just this" or "just that."

If I can make it a couple more days, I'll be okay again and I'll be back to not caring about sugar. I am particularly interested in getting back on the wagon now because Snacks starts kindergarten in two weeks and I want to be in total control of my crazy emotions (and therefore the rest of my life) when I have to deal with my little guy going to school full days five days a week. We have the State Fair next week and a family vacation the following week that are going to present definite challenges for me.

The good news is, I've done this enough to know that I will get back on track. I know how my slips start, I know what they lead to, and I'm able to get back on track more quickly and without as much weight gain as in the past.

The awareness is priceless.