Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wednesday Check-In

I completely forgot about my check-in this week until I got home tonight and saw Jen's email check-in in my inbox. Ooops!

The good news is, I'm keeping pace with my plan to lose a pound a week. That has been very manageable for me. I'm back to weighing myself every morning after trying for a week without. I find it makes a big difference for me.

I've been beating back the sugar beast again this week, but hopefully have that back under control. I'm finding that I have very little interest in food at all (which for me is HUGE) when I'm not eating sugar--food becomes something that I have to remind myself that I need to eat. It is wonderful and freeing.

I've been reading The Omnivore's Dilemma this week--another book that has totally turned my world upside down. I went on a field trip to our local co-op tonight BY MYSELF so I could actually take my time and read labels and farm bios. It was an awesome experience. I have a lot homework to do to try to switch as much of our weekly grocery shopping as possible from Wh*le Foods & Trader J*e's to the co-op. I'm excited!