Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wednesday Check-In

I am down 1.5 pounds this week.

I am 44.5 pounds from goal; 36.5 pounds below where I started.

My Habits for last week:

Each Day:

Weigh--100%
Read morning prayer--100%
3 daily pages + Gratitude Journal--40% (I want to get back to 100% with this because on the days I do it, I see a huge difference!)
Keep my FLYLady Routines--85%
Follow my Momentum Work-Out plan--100%
Do 15 minutes of Zone Cleaning --I was not inspired to do this at all this week. I got a lot of home projects done, but I just went with what I felt like doing instead of working in the assigned zone.
Yoga--70%
No pop--100%
Use my YLD food journal--100%
Read something for myself for at least 20 minutes/day--100%

I am growing weary of my list and, anyway, each Wednesday I remember that I've forgotten to check it over the past week. I am to the point that I know what works for me and keeps me feeling good and on track. I am not always 100% on those things, but I will continue to strive to be, cutting myself some slack every once in awhile when things come up, like emergency trips to Urgent Care and puking children.

I have been balking at doing my daily pages because I kept telling myself that nothing was coming out of them, until I made myself sit down and write three yesterday and realized that, in fact, much does reveal itself if I will sit down and focus for 15 minutes.

This week I have finally come to terms with the fact that I don't like having so much to do in the evenings after the kids go to bed. I don't want to take the time then to fold laundry; do things that I "should" be doing, instead of reading, or talking, or doing nothing. I'm working hard to try to get as much of my nighttime routine done before they go to bed so I have most of the evening to do whatever I feel like doing. This has been much easier since we are staying home so much more these days.

I had the amazing realization this week that I actually really do like being at home instead of running around all the time. In fact, I love it! I love getting work done in the morning when the kids are fresh and cooperative. I learned that Sissy will easily nap for 2+ hours in the morning if we are home. I just ask her if she wants to lie down on her "pretty bed" and I lay her down and she just goes to sleep--holy shit!

Since we're home, I've been giving the kids Trader Joe's organic yogurt and whole grain crackers and fruit for lunch instead of drive-thru food or Costco pizza, and now I don't feel guilty every single day about what they've been eating.

In the afternoons, if it's nice, we've been hanging out in the back yard and I can read or journal while the kids "garden" and play...for hours. "Awesome" doesn't even begin to describe the feeling.

Following my food plan has been so easy and has changed my life so much already, in just a few short weeks. I'm not in constant panic about how to get my fix, or feeling so restless, compulsive, and unsettled--although I expected to feel a lot more patient than I do, but I think that will come with time...and practice.