Tuesday, August 28, 2012

State Fair

Today the kids found out first hand why it is that I always refuse to go on amusement park rides. This morning the kids and I found ourselves at the State Fair without another adult who could ride down the Giant Slide with Sissy, who tearfully claimed she was too afraid to ride all by herself. I was nervous after a 20 year hiatus, but I soldiered on for my little girl.

The experience was far worse than I had imagined it would be. With Sissy sitting on the burlap in front of me, I proceeded to make horrible involuntary and uncontrollable retching noises with each drop of the slide; my poor darling girl asking, "Mommy, are you okay?" all the way down to the bottom. I'm certain she was fearing that I was going to vomit in her hair. I'm also certain she'll want to ride down by herself next year.