Saturday, April 10, 2010

While I am thrilled that spring is here (and quite early, at that), I am already feeling overwhelmed by all the projects we've planned to undertake this season.

The chicks arrive the week of May 10th. We have everything we need to care for them when they arrive except a giant cardboard box to hold them and the chick feed. I am debating about whether to buy commercial organic chick feed or make it myself.

In the meantime, I have almost 100 tiny basil plants, 12 pickle cucumber plants, and hundreds of Snacks' snap dragons sitting in my kitchen window next to a pile of at least a dozen vegetable and flower seed packets that haven't even been started yet.

We haven't procured the materials for the raised beds yet and I have a lot of rearranging to do in the herb garden that I can't seem to work up the enthusiasm for. I have a worm bin to deal with that should have been turned over last fall, and I am not sure what to do about getting water to the early spring greens I want to plant over at Dowling right now.

I'm already sure I've bitten off much more than I can chew, but if I can get it all right, it sure is going to taste good.