Friday, October 16, 2009

Keepsakes

I often think I should be following my kids around with a camera and a tape recorder all the time. They say and do so many precious things so many times a day; things I want to remember always, but know I'll forget before long.

Today I'm thinking about the smattering of freckles across the bridge of Snacks' nose that you can only see when you are close enough to kiss him, and the way Sissy's hair curls into perfect flaxen corkscrews when it's warm. And I'm remembering Sissy's giant smile in the early morning light each morning after she has climbed over me and tucked herself in to snuggle up to her still-sleeping dad, and the way Snacks offered to give me $9 from his piggy bank when I was searching high and low for some misplaced cash saying, "You can have it, Mom, I don't care when I get my fish tank."

I know I can't record and keep it all...

but I'm sure going to try my best.