Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The last couple of days I had been fearing "kitchen burnout"...only I knew I didn't want to do anything any differently so, really, it wasn't an option.

I took last night "off" (AFTER dinner, that is) and just let all the dishes and collateral mess sit while I sat...on the couch.

Though there was still the mess to clean up this morning, it was totally worth it to have at least part of last night off.

With renewed energy this morning I cleaned the kitchen in no time. Then I made zucchini spice muffins for breakfast (the kids' favorite recipe so far...they have no idea there was zucchini involved), pulled all the chicken off the bone (it cooked by itself last night while I sat on the couch), set some chicken aside for dinner and froze the rest, made four quarts of chicken stock, two quarts of beet kvass, one quart of sauerkraut, kefir, and some pesto.

Whew!

I'm back.